Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mrs. Conquest is missing!!!...or is she???

The class thought they had a substitute this morning, but when they heard me speak, they figured out the change that happened from yesterday to today!

Since I was a sophomore in high school, every two years I would get my ponytail chopped off and donate it to Locks for Love.  Four and a half years ago, I found a new organization that is very close to my heart - Pantene Beautiful Lengths.  This organization donates their wigs to adults going through cancer treatments. 

Back story - at the end of 2007 and shortly into 2008, my parents were diagnosed with cancer.  In an effort to honor them after they finished their treatments, my sisters and I donated our hair to Pantene's organization.

So when you see me in the hallways, I'm not a new teacher, student teacher or a new student:)  It's still me!